Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

Les commandes sont pour le moment fermées jusqu'à nouvel ordre, mais je peux assurer le support.

Merci de votre compréhension.

Requests are currently closed, but I can do some support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Important links - Liens importants

Règles - Rules | Présentez-vous - Introduce yourself | Problème d'inscription ? - Registration problem ?

Ishimaru-Design > The Community (fr-en) > General Chat > General tour for everyone !!!

RSS >  General tour for everyone !!!, To celebrate my XP/Ubuntu dualboot success !
Ishimaru Chiaki #1 15/05/2008 - 23h36

Class : ID Admin
Registered on : 12/11/2007
Sex : Female

Offline Mail Www

Tonight, I finally did the jump !

After a few days seeking support for a problem with my Windows partition who finally got solved with a chkdsk, I finally could prepare my partitions and install Ubuntu 8.04 on my PC !  Ubuntu and XP boot without any problem and work perfectly !

For my geekish success, I pay a general tour for everyone !

Beer, juice and other beverages ! The fridge is full !

SpoilerCe soir, j'ai finalement fait le saut !

Après quelques jours à demander du support pour un problème avec ma partition Windows qui s'est résolue avec un chkdsk, j'ai finalement pu partitionner mon disque C et installer Ubuntu 8.04 sur mon ordi !  Ubuntu et XP démarrent sans problème et fonctionnent parfaitement !

Pour mon succès geekesque, je paie une tournée générale pour tout le monde !

Bière, jus et autres breuvages !  Le frigo est plein !
parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ANXIETE_SOCIALE in home/ishimaru/social.php on line 1My portfolio (only available in French for now)
AO Admin #2 16/05/2008 - 02h26

Class : ID Newbie
Registered on : 08/12/2007
Sex : Male

Congratulations :D my laptop used to be partitioned with a C and a D drive, I got it from school in this laptop program. Then about a month ago I installed JSAS which was this module to install joomla on your computer and somehow it stuffed up C drive and the computer didn't work anymore, so I got it reformatted at school and they managed to get the stuff of D drive (where my personal files are) but when I got it back they didn't bother partitioning it, well that doesn't matter much as I have everything backed up on another computer now :) I learned my lesson.

I also found it interesting that before, I used to always run out of space on the computer and suddenly now its all in one drive and I haven't even used half of the space available :)

Partitioning is cool I reckon but somehow it destroyed my computer before... :S I now use WAMP for everything :D

Oh and I would like a chocolate milkshake :)
I hate exams  :angry:
Ishimaru Chiaki #3 16/05/2008 - 02h56

Offline Mail Www

Here take :
SpoilerPosted Image

When I got my PC, it only had a 40GB hard drive, so when I got the money, I added a 200GB hdd to store my personal documents (pics, music, etc.), so I haven't lost my personal documents when my 40GB died.  I had it replaced by another 40GB and had Win XP reinstalled.  By the fact that the techie couldn't reinstall MS Office because of a problem with the license number, my hdd was only 1/4 full, so it wasn't a problem to install Linux on the same hard drive.  I left one half of the hdd for Windows, and the other half for Linux and the documents.

So, I now have something like this :

dev/sda (my C hard drive - 40 GB)
-- dev/sda1 -> my Windows partition (19GB)
-- dev/sda2 -> my LInux partition (12GB)
-- dev/sda3 -> my Linux documents (6GB)
-- dev/sda4 -> my linux-swap (1GB - this partition is meant to be used as extra RAM when the RAM is full)

dev/sdb (my D hard drive - 200 GB)
- dev/sda1 -> all my personal documents, accessible by both Windows and Linux (200GB)

Now I began to install the softwares I need for my usual work : gFTP, Inkscape, lamp (linux version of wamp), and I also installed the codecs to listen to my music.
parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ANXIETE_SOCIALE in home/ishimaru/social.php on line 1My portfolio (only available in French for now)
Blood #4 16/05/2008 - 11h16

Class : ID Mod
Registered on : 14/11/2007

*Comes in with big guard dogs with their mouths frothing*

Hey, congratulations Katt :D :D

*Goes to the fridge and take 3 beers, leaves the dogs near the door*
Oh, by they way; they're well trained... but haven't been fed in a while ^^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Elfix #5 16/05/2008 - 12h28

Class : ID Active
Registered on : 06/12/2007

Offline Www

Bravo Katt, ça fait du bien d'avoir une linuxienne ici :)
Elfix
Ishimaru Chiaki #6 16/05/2008 - 13h01

Offline Mail Www

> Blood : oh sibole, tout ce que j'ai, c'est les croquettes pour le p'tit york à ma mère.  J'serais mieux de tenir mon épée proche.

> Elfix : Ouais, mets-en ^^
AO Admin #7 16/05/2008 - 17h40

Registered on : 08/12/2007

Ishimaru Chiaki @ 16/05/2008 - 16h56 wrote:

Posted Image

MMMM that looks delicious! Thanks   :blink: *takes milkshake and drinks*  :dev:
I hate exams  :angry:
Jeff #8 20/07/2011 - 05h45

Registered on : 11/06/2011

Hmmm..yummy.. looking appetizing.
Edited by Jeff on 20/07/2011 at 05h45.
tatu88 #9 28/09/2011 - 02h29

Registered on : 27/09/2011

thank you for the update... I am new here and it was really interesting

>  Fast reply

Ishimaru-Design > The Community (fr-en) > General Chat > General tour for everyone !!!

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).