Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

Les commandes sont pour le moment fermées jusqu'à nouvel ordre, mais je peux assurer le support.

Merci de votre compréhension.

Requests are currently closed, but I can do some support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Important links - Liens importants

Règles - Rules | Présentez-vous - Introduce yourself | Problème d'inscription ? - Registration problem ?

Ishimaru-Design > Tutorials, ressources and support > phpBB3 > Support > Adding a 'new' image to a post

RSS >  Adding a 'new' image to a post
Taysider #1 04/01/2011 - 13h53

Class : ID Newbie
Registered on : 04/01/2011

Is there anyway to add a image automatically to a new post so it shows  as 'new' post
I have been looking at your pro_ubuntu_lucid forum and like it. But I would love to add a 'new' image to new posts.

I want to use it on my WP site

Great work on these styles.

Dave
Ishimaru Chiaki #2 04/01/2011 - 17h30

Class : ID Admin
Registered on : 12/11/2007
Sex : Female

Offline Mail Www

Hello,

You mean somthing that looks like the small pic next to "Photoshop" on this site's sidebar ?

By the way, have you forgotten something ?
http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org/forum/forum-tg13,the-hall-introduce-yourself-presentez-vous.html
Taysider #3 05/01/2011 - 07h42

yes that's just what I mean but in a post as well.
I've added my introduction............forgot, sorry
Is it possible to sepparate the the forums into categories instead on under one 'Forum' header?

here

David
Edited by Taysider on 05/01/2011 at 07h45.
Ishimaru Chiaki #4 05/01/2011 - 11h52

Offline Mail Www

For your first question, I'll do some testing later today.

For your second question, have you created categories then embedded forums inside these categories ?  Because you first have to make categories (by setting "Category" instead of "Forum" while creating a forum) that will be directly attached to the index.  Then, you create your forums that you'll attach to the categories.
If it isn't clear enough, I'll try to make a tutorial.
Taysider #5 05/01/2011 - 13h09

Ishimaru Chiaki @ 05/01/2011 - 17h52 wrote:

For your first question, I'll do some testing later today.

For your second question, have you created categories then embedded forums inside these categories ?  Because you first have to make categories (by setting "Category" instead of "Forum" while creating a forum) that will be directly attached to the index.  Then, you create your forums that you'll attach to the categories.
If it isn't clear enough, I'll try to make a tutorial.

Thanks for clearing up the forum question

Now another one for you

I want to include a Forum image and I uploaded one to the phpBB root and in the box just put my image, xxxx.png, is this correct as I can't see it? Or do I have to put the full path in like, /public_html/bb3/images/forum_images/xxx.pgn ?

I keep getting a warning image does not exist

Solved it, the image name I typed in incorrectly, (I must pay attention to details)

Thanks

David
Edited by Taysider on 05/01/2011 at 13h15.
Ishimaru Chiaki #6 05/01/2011 - 16h56

Offline Mail Www

I recommend you to create a new directory within /images/ and name it as /forum_icons/, then you place your pic in this directory.  Then, you use this path : /images/forum_icons/yourpic.png  You also have to make sure the pics have at least a 644 chmod.

No need to use full paths, and it's even not recommended to do this as you cannot expect how your path will look like if you change Web host.
Taysider #7 05/01/2011 - 17h30

Thanks for your help
Have made the adjustments

:D

>  Fast reply

Ishimaru-Design > Tutorials, ressources and support > phpBB3 > Support > Adding a 'new' image to a post

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).